1001 W 75TH ST. WOODRIDGE, IL 630-427-1880

Hollywood Memorial

Jesse Lasky

In 1913 he, his brother-in-law Samuel Goldwyn, and Cecil B. DeMille became partners and founded the Jesse L. Lasky Feature Play Company, which would later be known as Lasky-Famous Players Studio and finally by the name it is known today as, Paramount. This new studio rented a barn and shot what many consider to be Hollywood’s first feature-length film, “’The Squaw Man.” The barn where that movie was shot is today called the Lasky-DeMille Barn and houses the Hollywood Heritage Museum. In 1927, he was one of the thirty-six founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. His crypt is in Hollywood Forever Cemetery just behind the Paramount Studios lot.